Sunday 3 December 2017

Let the adventure begin

Over the next few weeks I will not be posting about our adventures around the Farnes but I will be posting about my adventures from another boat.
I have been lucky enough to be given the chance by my family to join another family on their yacht sailing from Charleston USA to the Caribbean.
I have been here for two days now and we are getting the boat ready for sailing so its all hands on deck before we set sail, so over the next few weeks my adventure will be a little bit different but still on the water and hopefully still seeing loads of wildlife but fingers crossed its in calm seas with fair winds.
The family have been very kind to me and made me feel at home straight away which makes life a lot easier for and I suppose for them too. It must be weird for them having a stranger come into their home and to make things worse its not like a house where you can escape but its a yacht and we are on top of each other but I have to take my hat off to them as they have feel so welcome its like home from home.
I have my own room in the bow (front) of the boat and I share a small bathroom with their daughter Sienna who is a real chatter box and is 7 years of age.  She loves life on the boat and has just finished school, so her mam Kim, is going to home school her during their adventures. Simon is the captain and he is also an Englishman and Kim is an American so its apt that they called their boat BRITICAN.

Personally I'm really excited to be given this opportunity to do something that I have never done before and if you know me at all, you will know that I don't do land so this might seem like a busman's holiday but for me its home from home but just a little bit different, so bring it on.

I will keep you updated during different stages of the trip but the internet is not the best so sometimes I don't get anything at all so please bare with me and hopefully you will enjoy the ride.










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a great adventure looking forward to your blog updates