Friday 16 November 2012

Seal Trip

On Saturday 10th November we had our 2nd Seal Photography Trip and it was a beautiful day. The light was perfect for photography and I was praying it would stay that way.

After a few hours on the Island the gang boarded the boat for our tour around the Farnes before heading home.

As we were slowly cruising around taking every opportunity to get that special picture we stumbled across a Long-tailed Duck.

Long-tailed Duck you say, but it's not very often we see these lovely birds around the Islands as we tend to see them more at Ross Sands and up to Holy Island than we do here, so for me and my guests it was nice to see.

After a few shots we started to head towards the Inner Farne when I got a call to say that the Dolphins were back again.

Yes I know...we got them again and yes your probably sick of my blogs about these beautiful creatures, but hey I don't care, they are truly amazing and we don't see them that often here so I think they deserve to be blogged about.  Anyway it's not about me, it was about my guests and they deserved to see them in there full glory, and boy did they.

The group was about 40 to 50 and they were spread from Seahouses harbour entrance all the way up to Bamburgh Castle. The reason I know this was because my friend was close to the harbour and he had about 20 with him and we had about 30 but as they left him we seemed to get more.

They were putting on a bit of a show to, as they jumping high out of the water. The only thing wrong was that I had the wrong lense, it would have been nice to have a wide angle but hey you can't have it all.

After about half an hour the dolphins disappeared so we steamed back to the harbour with smiles on our faces after a very enjoyable day. 

A big thank you to everyone to joined me today and I look forward to our next one.

 



 

 

 












 

No comments: