Wednesday 12 September 2012

The Mighty Gannet

I could not help myself today and I decided to go out again to see all the birds.

With a handful of guests and a friend to join me we went out in search of the rare bird or a Minkie Whale.

On the way out we could see thousands of Gannets in the sky so it was not hard to guess where we were going. With calm sea's and blue skies it was not hard to enjoy every moment of this trip.

The Gannets stole the show today and their was not as many Sooty Shearwaters today as there were yesterday and all I can put that down to is the wind. Never mind we still got Bonxie's, Artic Skua's, Fulmers, Gulliemots and lots of Seals.

I think the pictures will tell the rest of the story. 













1 comment:

Stringer said...

Great gannet shots, they really capture the action !