Monday 7 November 2011

Sunny Sunday

I woke to beautiful sunshine on Sunday morning and I could not wait to get out to sea. After leaving the harbour for our first trip we arrived at Scarcar Island to see lots of Shags, Turnstones and Purple Sandpipers. The Purple Sandpipers looked stunning in the sunlight so I had to get a picture.




Some Oystercatchers with Purple Sanpipers in the back ground.


We steamed over to North Whames to see the seals and noticed David Steel and his gang spraying the seals for the counts.



On the last trip of the day we seen a Merlin resting at Longstone Island and as we watched closely it flew up to the top of the lighthouse and then it was accompanied by another Merlin. It was not long before one pushed the other off and it landed on the T.V. Ariel were the accommodation situated.






On the way home the sun was so powerful that I could hardly see where I was going, but I was a lovely ending to this Sunny Sunday.

No comments: