Thursday 21 September 2017

Sunset Cruise 2017

We have now finally had our last sunset cruise for the season and boy was it a beauty. We had finished a week ago but the weather was not the best so when we saw the forecast for Tuesday we decided to give it another go and hopefully we will finish with a bang.
This season has been very mixed weather wise but the sunset cruises have sometimes been the best part of the day and this is one of the reason why its a special trip for me.
This season has been a little bit better as I have had a new crew member joining me twice a week for the sunset cruises and a few other trips of course and he is new to everything from boats to the seabirds. Teaching him has been a pleasure and he is very willing to learn too which is great and makes my job even more of an enjoyment. 
Our guests keep on asking where is he from as they don't want to their size nine's right in it. Yep he is an Ozzy and not from New Zealand and that's why most people ask first.
I keep on taking the piss and say that he got on the wrong boat but I think the best one he has had this year so far was a man asking him, how long have you been practicing the Ozzy accent. He just replied 27 years mate... To this day I think the man still thinks he was taking the piss out of him.

So with a new crewman on board the sunsets have been really kind to us and he has been blown away with some cracking ones this season and yes our last one was a mega one too.

We could not have finished on a higher note than we did. We had some lovely guests on board with first timers to the farnes and some locals too. Its really nice to see locals on board and I think more locals should come on board just to see whats its like. I would like to thank everyone who has joined us this year on the sunsets and a bigger thank you to all the people who have recommended their guests, friends or family to join us too.
I would also like to thank my Facebook and Twitter friends who keep on sharing my sunset pictures as if it where not for you people might not know we do it, so thank you.

Okay I have talked enough now so i will finish of with some of my favorite pictures from the season and please let me know which one you like the best. Mine are number 6 and 21.

 1.
 2.

 3.
 4.
 5.
 6.
 7.
 8.
 9.
 10.
 11.
 12.
 13.
 14.
 15.
 16.
 17.
 18.
 19.
20.
 21.
 22.
 23.
  
Thank you once again for reading this blog and I hope I have wetted your appetite for next season.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

No 3 gets my vote, difficult choice they are all great

Life in Geordieland said...

I haven't been to the Farne Islands this year and feel like I've really missed out:( definitely need to do a sunset cruise next year!