Sunday 21 June 2015

Dolphins again 20/06/15

As I was in the shop on Saturday morning buying some milk for a cuppa when I received a call from Ron saying that there was Bottlenose Dolphins just outside the harbour. I quickly paid for the milk, jumped back into the van and dashed down to the harbour.
I was moored on the outside of Ron so I had to move the boat so he could pick up his divers and it was a good excuse to slowly pop out and see if I could catch up with the dolphins.

The second I got out of the harbour the throttle was up and I was on a mission. I spotted them just past Seahouses and they were travelling really slowly along the shoreline, which was perfect for me. When I arrived some were jumping out of the water and others were going in circles. You could see they were feeding and then the pod became split into two groups. I decided to go with the group that was feeding as the other seemed to be on a mission further south.
As I got closer I did not know what to do, should I film it on my phone, use my camera with the small lense or big one or should I use the GoPro. I got myself in a bit of a flap, so I said stuff it I'm going to use them all. (Pure Greed)
If you had seen me, I was going around like a headless chicken. I thought to myself, "what the hell are you doing, put all your stuff down and just watch them". So I did but I was like a little kid in a sweet shop, so I went back to using the whole lot again. In the end I just used one camera with the small lense and got on with it.

They were along side of the boat for ages. Well it felt like ages and they put on a real show too. This kept me smiling for about half an hour until it was time to turn around and head back to the harbour.

All day I was smiling and this is why I think I have the best job in the world.

Later on the in day they were back again and the rest of the boats got a good show too. Lots of happy people today which is only a good thing.


 

No comments: