Friday 22 July 2011

Leucistic House Sparrow

I had a couple of friends on board the boat not so long ago and they said that they seen a white sparrow on Holy Island. The first thing I said was "Did you get a picture". They said no, so I proceeded to take the Michael as they said it was at The Manor House beer garden.  "I think you have had to much pop".

A week later a gentleman said that he had seen a white sparrow on Holy Island. The first thing I said was "I don't suppose it was in The Manor House beer garden by any chance. To my surprise he said YES and have I seen it. I said that I had heard about it from a friend but thought they had to much to drink.

As we both laughed, he then presented me with a picture of the white sparrow. I could not see the picture very well, so I asked him to send it to me.

After a closer look at the picture I realized it was a Leucistic House Sparrow.



No comments: